Zarkus's app

Post  Zarkus Syuren on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:18 am

In-Game Name: Zarkus Syuren

BYOND Key Name: Nightmare Zarkus

Date of Application: 10/4/09

Current Age: 16

How long you've played BLH: 2 and a half months

What position do you want: Any enforcing position

Why do you want said position: Some staff are too strict, too lenient, or too inconsistent in their moderation. I would be rather lenient, giving players chances rather then punishing them straight up, although I wouldn't hesitate to mute/boot/ban if the situation called for it or they abused my leniency. I think I could be the golden mean of enforcers, welcoming new players while instructing them on how the game works, and having a consistent standard of moderation that wouldn't change depending on my mood, which I believe to be valuable. I would advocate a creative standard of RP, valuing creativity over all else, although not let people tread into godmodding territory. I also believe I could accurately gauge the skill of RPers to know how they could use the any given abilities they write up in their profile, and tell them to either keep them or change them based on how they could be abused, and how they could be trusted with such abilities. Most of all, I would be willing to be subjected to a pre-emptive test of my moderation abilities, and accept any judgment that would be made by staff, as long as they, along with the players of the game, addressed their complaints about me to me, so I could hopefully change said habits that you found unprofessional and/or setting a bad example for the rest of the staff of the game.

Do you have any prior experience, if so where and for how long: I would consider my experience moderating Death Note Online for about a year to be my prime example of experience, although I have moderated forums here and there over the past 4 years, but nothing really substantial. I was removed on DNO because of a series of disputes I had with the owner over how she ran the game.

Other Information: I have loads of free time, and don't have a short temper.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:02 pm